Head of Otolaryngology (ENT) Departmentat the European Hospital Polisano, Sibiu, Romania
- Romanian Society of Otorinolaringology- Member since 1991
- European Society of throat (ELS) – Member since 2000
- American College of Chest Physicians – Member since 2005
- European Society of Rinologie- 2013
- National Council of the College of Physicians in Romania-2007-2011.
- Romanian Society of rhinology 2011.
- Commission of Otolaryngology of Romanian Health Ministry, 2006-2013.
- Commission monitoring and professional malpractice cases ASP Mures, member since 2006
- Coordinator ofNational Program of cochlear implant – Emergency County Hospital Targu Mures 2007 to 2011.
Languages: English and French
1987 Degree in Medicine from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj-Napoca, România
1999 PhD in Medicine from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Târgu Mureş, România
2006 Masters Degree in “Health Management” from the University ” Petru- Maior”, Târgu Mureş, România
About Sabău Sorin PhD
Awards & Recognition:
2013 “Navigator II”, Protocol Nr.: OPN-FLU-NP-3102 – International Study – Certification GPC 2 – (“Good Clinical Practice”)
2011-2013 Head of Department Otolaryngology at “Sfântul Constantin ” Hospital, Braşov, România.
1998-2011 MD at the department of Otolaryngology of Târgu Mureş County Hospital, Târgu Mureş, România
1994-1998 Specialist at Otolaryngology Clinic, Cluj Napoca, România
1991-1993 – Resident Physician in Otolaringology at ENT Clinic Târgu Mureş, România
1990 – Intern at at the department Surgical Clinic I of Târgu Mureş County Hospital, Târgu Mureş, România
1987-1989 – Intern six months internship followed by exams in each of following specialties: infectious diseases, pediatrics, internal medicine, gynecology, general medicine and surgeryat Hospital City, Ordoheiu Secuiesc, România
- 1996 “Cedax: A Study of ceftibuten in Systemic Infections” – completed.
- 2004 “The efficacy of treatment with desloratadine choose Seasonal Rhinitis”, Protocol nr. P 02367
- 2005 “Effect of Betahistine 48mg / day quality of life in patients with vertigo peripheral vestibular”- Project OSVa LD – international study – completed.
- 2007-2008 – “Prulifloxacin versus Levofloxacin in Patients with Acute Bacterial Rhinosinusitis “- clinical trial No: 027SC05134- international study – completed.
- 2013 Certification GPC 2 (Good Clinical Practice)for the International Study “Navigator II”, Protocol Nr.: OPN-FLU-NP-3102
1991- Assistant Professor of OtolaringologyCourse -University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Târgu Mureş, România
2001 – Head of working of ENT discipline at the University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Târgu Mureş, România
2007 – Lecturer of the “Multidisciplinary management of critical patient” course at the University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Târgu Mureş, România
2008 – Lecturer of the “ENT Emergencies” course at the University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Târgu Mureş, România
2008 – Lecturer of the “Rhinological Pathology and rhinosinusal endoscopic surgery ” course at the University of Medicine and Pharmacy „Carol Davila”, Bucharest, România
2008 – 2011Professor of Otolaryngology (ENT) Discipline at the University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Târgu Mureş, România
2012 – Coordinator and Lecturer of „Diagnosis and rehabilitation of hearing deficiencies” workshop with international participation, Brasov, Romania.
- Principal investigator in 5 Studies on ENT
- The first cochlear implants in children with profound deafness in Targu Mures, Romania
- Realization of the first private cochlear implant center and first Cochlear implantations in Brasov, Romania
- Priority areas of surgical interest: otology surgery; Nose sinus surgery; child surgery; Endoscopic laryngeal microsurgery and neck surgery.