Doctor of Medical Sciences, Medical Director, Head of Cardiovascular Surgery and Thoracic Departmentat the European Hospital Polisano, Sibiu, Romania
- Since 1999 Member of the College of Physicians in Romania
- Since 2007 Member of the College of Physicians in France, position no. 8766 (Nr. Adeli 38 10 8766 7)
- Since 2004 Reviewer for Cardio-Thoracic European Journal of Surgery (magazine published by Oxford University Press, BE: 2674, http://ejcts.oxfordjournals.org/).
- Since 2011 Full member of the French College of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery – French Society of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery (www.sfctcv.fr)
Specialty: Cardiac, Thoracic and Lung Surgery
1992-1998: University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Gr. T. Popa “Iasi, average 99.3% (valedictorian).
1998 – Thesis in medicine (MD) “Diagnosis and performing aortic dissection John Radcliffe Hospital – Oxford; Our experience in ten years “, coordinator Prof. Steve Westaby (Oxford), Prof. S. Mihalache (Iasi).
1999 – National Contest residency, Bucharest, admitted, general surgery and thoracic branch.
2002 – National Contest of residency (DES), Paris, upheld the surgical pathway.
2004 – Master of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine J. Fourier, Grenoble.
2006 – Diploma for Specialized Studies (DSS) – common core of General Surgery, Faculty of Medicine Lyon.
2006 – Diploma of specialist in Thoracic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine Bucharest.
2007 – Endovascular Surgery IUD, University of Lyon, Marseille, Grenoble, Saint Etienne.
2008 – Course endovascular surgery – Crossroads Institute Brussels.
2008 – Cardiovascular Surgery Specialist Exam (DESC), route cardiovascular France College South, Faculty of Medicine J. Fourier, Grenoble.
2008 – Fellowship Diploma in Cardiac Surgery, University Laval, Québec, (between February 2008 and January 2009).
2008-2009 specializes in minimally invasive cardiac surgery and TAVI Heart Institute in Quebec
2009 – PhD Thesis “Optimization of diagnosis and treatment methods in the mediastinum”; University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Gr. T. Popa” Iasi.
2008-2010 Head of Clinic – Department of Cardiac Surgery, Centre HospitalierUniversitaire de Grenoble, France.
2011 – National Contest of mayor and thoracic cardiovascular surgery, Paris
AboutCostache Victor Sebastian PhD
10 June 2013 – present Head of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery Departmentat the European Hospital Polisano, Sibiu, Romania
1 October 2010 – June 2013 MD Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery at Centre Hospitalier de la Régiond’Annecy, Metz Tessy, France
2008 – 2010 Specialist in Cardiovascularand Thoracic Surgery atCentre HospitalierUniversitaire de Grenoble, France.
1994 – 2008 study and practical experience gained in universities such as: Aarhus University, Medical School, Denmark; Edinburgh School of Medicine; Sheffield Medical School; OxfordUniversity; Centre HospitalierUniversitaire de Grenoble, France; Centre Hospitalier de la Régiond’Annecy, Metz Tessy, France; Centre HospitalierUniversitairePurpan, Toulouse, Franţa.
- Project manager for “Advanced Pharmaceutical Research Platform”
- 2013-2017 Scientific Responsible of the project Erasmus Mundus Mobility with East Asia 2014; ID 545 719-EM-1-2013-1-FR-ERA-MUNDUS EMA21
- 08.2013-31.07.2015 Manager of „Digital Orientation: customized software consulting job placement and career development” project, ID LLP-LdV/PAR/2013/RO/032Cf.27/10.09.2013
October 2004 – February 2008 Laboratory of AnatomyAssistant, Faculty of Medicine J. Fournier, Grenoble.Employing students who achieved their master anatomy in three projects (under the supervision of Prof. O. Chavanon, Dr. H. Vouaillat)
– Internal Thoracic Artery
– Aortic ring
– Anatomy of thoracic spine
2014 – Associate professor of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery department at “Lucian Blaga” University, Faculty of Medicine Victor Papilian, Sibiu,
- An entire range of open-heart surgery during the 9 years in university hospitals in Grenoble and Toulouse: More than 800 interventions in cardiac surgery as the first operator (coronary artery bypass graft, aortic valve replacement surgery ascending aorta, mitral valve surgery, circulatory support, heart transplant and lung); more than 1,700 cardiac surgery interventions as second operator and over 400 vascular surgery and endovascular interventions.
- High-specialized in cardiac and lung transplantation
- Was the coordinator of the public service of Annecy for 3 years
- In 2010 accepted the challenge to open the first public-private center of Annecy, France with two renowned surgeons of the largest private center in France – Lyon – Tonkin group.